Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Totally Tuesday

I am running out of catch titles for my posts. LOL
L woke up this morning with a cough, a runny nose, and yucky eyes. I am not sure if it is allergies, or a cold. She was never running a fever, and never acted like she felt bad, so I think it is allergies. I need her to go to school tomorrow. For a few reasons. G has OT in the morning, and I don't really want to take her with us, and tomorrow is the last day of school before spring break for her, so they are having pizza and an Easter egg hunt, I don't want her to miss that. So I guess we will see in the morning how she feels.
On the job front, I applied today at babies r us, and I got an email back saying I wasn't qualified for the position. WHAT?!? How can I not be qualified. It was a management position, the only thing I can think of is the 6 year lapse in my employment. I mean there is no where to put that I have kids and that is why I have not worked for 6 years. I was kind of excited about getting a job there, then that damn email came. My husband makes fun of me because in general, I don't go after a job that I want that I don't get it. I have never been to an interview that I didn't get offered the job. SO needless to say I was shocked. I say that not to brag, believe me most of these are jobs that a normal person probably wouldn't want, but as you all know I am not normal. LOL But I say that so you can see how that would shock me. Anyway I shall keep looking.
Thank you Jessica for the sweet comment last night. It made me cry. I know that my grandma is never far, but it just still hurts. The pain has become less with almost 2 years since her passing, but it never goes away. A little history for those of you who don't know. My Grandma, she was my best friend in the whole world, I talked to her almost everyday. On June 14, 2006 I got the worst call of my life. My Grandma had a heart attack while she and my Grandpa were out of town and died. I was devastated. I was 6 months pregnant, we were moving to a new state on the 25th of June, and I wasn't ready for her to be gone. It has been a rough couple of years without her, but I have learned to live a new reality without her. I will say that I know that she is watching over me, because my mom and I didn't have a very good relationship before my grandma passed away,and since then we have grown much closer. i know she had a hand in that. And for that I am very thankful.
Tomorrow is Girl Scouts 96th birthday, so after school we are having a birthday party. i think the girls will enjoy it. We are having it a park and it is supposed to be really nice outside. i think it will work out perfectly.
Can I tell you how much I need a hair cut. My hair looks horrible. I so need to find someone to do it for me.
Now for my good news, not only was I asked to serve on the Light the Night Committee, I was also asked to be a Team Leader for FOH, I am not sure what I am going to do yet, but I am very excited about this. Just a few more steps in the right direction to get me closer to starting my non-profit someday. This is a great passion of mine and I am very excited. Well that is all for tonight, till next time remember to hug and kiss your family and tell them you love them, today is gone and tomorrow may never come.......

2 comments:

OHmommy said...

Congrats on the job!!!!

Did they really mention the time lapse? At BABIES r us. LOL! Really?

Jessica said...

It wasn't my intention to make you cry. Just to let you know that the ones we love are never lost to us. They leave us little reminders that they are still around. You just have to be open to finding them. A song, a smell, a color, whatever reminds you of them, is most likely them.

Congrats on the job!