Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Im back

I know it has been a long time since I blogged, but I am starting a new journey and wanted to be able to keep track of it.

On  December 3 our family grew by three. Let me start with a little back story. In November sometime, H came home and told me there was a girl in her class that lived in the children's home. I asked her if the little girl had clothes because I though at least we could help with that. She said she does but she wears the same ones over and over, my heart hurt for this girl. The next day H forgot her lunch so I took one to school for her. I decided while I was there I would ask about this girl H had told me about. As I asked the counselor, she told me the girl K was the sweetest girl, and that she made straight A's she is 14, and the counselor felt like if she could make it through the next 4 years in the system she would be fine, however the reason she was still in the children's home is that it wasn't just her but her two sisters. So I went to work gathered up clothes for the girls. However I couldn't stop thinking about them and their situation. I had never met them had no idea anything about them but their names and ages but my heart felt like The Lord wanted me to help them. SO I talked to M about it and we agreed we needed to help them to keep them together. SO I started calling anyone I could think of to help these girls. Have you ever tried to get ahold of someone that works for the state? It is damn near impossible. But I did get in touch with someone about starting the foster program. IT is a long process. Well after calling and getting no where, the girls were placed in a home. I was happy for them. However this home didn't work out. So on a Monday I was called and asked if I could still take the girls, this was very surprising to hear from their case worker since she hadn't called me anytime I had tried to get ahold of her before. But no matter I said we would gladly take them however we weren't set up for a foster situation, hadn't been approved or anything. So she said let me talk to my supervisor and call you back. She did call back in about 30 min, and tell me that as long as we passed the background they could place them as an emergency foster. However we would get no help from the state until we completed the foster application process. I explained to her we weren't doing it for them money, yes we would need it to help with the girls but we would figure it out until then. so she said great I would like to pick them up on Wednesday and bring them, yes two days to get our house in order. We quickly started getting ready we temporarily moved L and G into one room and since we had recently converted the formal living room into L's room we put all three girls in that room. We were immediately taken  back by the amount of support that was shown to us, we got help with purchasing the beds for the girls, we were given TONS of clothing for them, and we were overwhelmed with the love we were given.
 The girls arrived on Wednesday and were so excited to see their room. We took them to chuck e cheese that night, they had never been. And our journey began.  Christmas started to roll around and again we were overwhelmed with the support we were given to help out with gifts, we even had a santa visit on Christmas eve.I hope they are feeling the love we feel for them.

The girls are 14,10,and 6. The oldest one is quited and keeps to herself mostly, although she has a great personality and her and I have I think hit it off. The middle one is spunky and Her and L have quicly become friends despite a rough start. The 6 year old is full of life, and not very good with rules(what 6 year old is?) But she is great.
 We have only started to feel the struggle this week after Christmas we are down to our last $200 and good thing I get paid weekly. But we know it will work out. God will not give us more that we can handle.
I will blog this journey as I want to remember it and share it with anyone who wants to read it.

We still haven't gotten very far in the foster process and hope that it moves quicly the holidays have slowed it a bit. Please pray for us and follow our journey. I wont be posting any pictures as we aren't allowed(I think ). But I will try to articulate in a way that maybe you will have a clear picture.

Prayer request for us at this moment-
 1.get the foster application process complete
 2. financial pray we don't struggle to much
 3. pray for the girls mom the goal is for them to be able to go back to her
 4. pray for the girls this is a huge adjustment and I worry that they feel I am beong hard on them with the rules.
 5. pray for my children that this is all a smooth transition for them and they see what an amazong thing it is to help these girls.
 6. Pray for sanity I am having a hard time keeping up with laundry and cleaning and 6 kids.

Thank you to all of you!!!

No comments: